I am an avid reader. I don’t care if it’s fiction or non-fiction, a magazine article or a blog post, I am always reading something.
When I was a young girl one of my favorite things to do was visit the library. I remember asking my parents to drop me off at the main public library on a Saturday morning and then staying there for hours. I would walk up and down every aisle browsing the hundreds of book titles available, and reading all the book flaps looking for a story that would tell me about someone’s life or take me to another part of the world for a little while.
I’m still that way today! I love visiting the library or the bookstore and just perusing all the amazing options there are for me to loose myself for a few hours. Reading truly is one of my favorite pastimes.
Because of my strong passion for reading, I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to share my favorite organizing books that can help you organize your home, your kids and your time. The information contained in these books can make all the difference in your efforts to get organized. Knowledge is power and the best way I know to gain knowledge is by reading.
20 Best Books for Organizing
So here are what I consider to be the 20 best books for organizing your home, kids and time, divided up into 4 different categories:
- The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- The Berenstain Bears Think of Those in Need by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- Just a Mess by Mercer Mayer
- Ruth the Sleuth and the Messy Room by Carol Gordon Ekster
- Every Child Has a Thinking Style by Lanna Nakone
- Clutterfree with Kids by Joshua Becker
- The Organized Student by Donna Goldberg
- Organizing the Disorganized Child by Martin Kutscher and Marcella Moran
- Smart But Scattered by Peg Dawson and Richard Guare
- Smart But Scattered Teens by Peg Dawson and Richard Guare
- Organizing from the Inside Out for Teens by Julie Morgenstern
- Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern
- Organizing for Your Brain Type by Lanna Nakone
- Organize from the Right Side of the Brain by Lee Silber
- It’s All Too Much by Peter Walsh
- When Organizing Isn’t Enough: Shed Your Stuff, Change Your Life by Julie Morgenstern
- Time Management from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Eat That Frog! by Brian Tracy
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
Confucius said, “You cannot open a book without learning something.” Taking some time to read through these books can increase your learning, help you become more organized, and transform your life. It’s a great way to set you on the path to get things in order, why not pick up one and start reading today?
Which of these books have you read before? How did it help you get organized?
Which of these books are new to you that you might want to read?
Have any other favorite organizing books you want to share?
Leave me a comment and let me know!
This post is part of a 31 day challenge to help you get things in order in your life and in your home. To read all the posts in this series, click here.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I might make a small commission if you purchase any of the books I listed.